Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

Monday, February 17, 2014

It has been 9 months since my last cigarette!!! Now THAT is an act of God! I tried many times over the years to break that addiction in my own strength but, when He showed me that what I focus on becomes an idol, my life began to change. Days 1, 3, 6, and 9 were extremely difficult and those are the days that I sat here on my hands and screamed and cried out to Him. Every now and then I still hear, "Time for a cigarette!" Really? I do NOT do that any more. When my focus is simply on Him all the other stuff rolls away because it can not thrive in His presence. How awesome is that!!!
May your focus be on Him,

Phyllis

1 comment:

  1. yayyyy to you....9 months is awesome...I am so grateful I never smoked but so many around me have and I have seen how hard it can be to give it up....well done to you Phyllis...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete