Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Urban Alternative
Praying-Gods-Name

NAME OF GOD: El Simchath Gili

Verse: Then I will go to the altar of God,
 to God (El), my joy (Simchath Gili) and my delight.
 I will praise you with the lyre, 
O God, my God. Psalm 43:4

Meaning: God My Exceeding Joy.

Prayer: Supplication

El Simchath Gili show me your wonders. Delight me with that which delights you. I know that if I witness the things that make your heart glad, mine will become glad as well. Give me the pleasure of knowing you intimately because in you I will find my joy and my delight. Help me also to bring joy to other people that I come into contact with. Give me a sweet spirit that radiates your love and pleasure to those around me. Help me to say kind and encouraging words and to always think on things that are pure. As I do that, I will reflect you all the more!

May you find your delight in what delights Him,

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment